Our worship services begin with the entire community of all ages gathered together in the sanctuary. We light the chalice, and opening words call us to worship. After the opening hymn we recite our affirmation of core values and intentions.
Our worship services are based on various themes relevant to human life, spiritual seeking, and making justice. The theme is woven throughout the service – in the sermon, music, and readings. Readings come from many sources — scripture from the world’s religions, poems, essays, and novels.
Anyone with a joy or sorrow is invited to share it with the congregation and light a candle. We sing Draw the circle wide…No one stands alone and you are invited to call out the names of people you are concerned about.
Children come forward for a Story for All Ages, after which they proceed to their Sunday Morning Circles. Alternatively, we offer Whole Congregation Worship services, during which families attend the entire service. Childcare is provided in the nursery for those two years and younger.
Throughout the year, there are special services such as Water Communion.
Dress is informal. Come join us!
September to Mid-June Worship Services (See calendar for specifics)
- Sunday, 10:30-11:45am, followed by coffee and fellowship
- Second Sunday in September through mid-June
- See Upcoming Worship Service listing
- Mid-June through the first Sunday in September
- Sunday, 9:30-10:30am, Fireside Room (next to the Sanctuary)
- Small, informal discussion on different topics with various facilitators each week