We strongly urge you to ensure your password is something:
- You can remember, and
- That is sufficiently secure so others cannot easily deduce what it is.
This is particularly true after your first login, because your initial password may not fit those criteria, and so you should immediately then change your password to suit.
Here’s how you change your password:
- Once you’ve logged in, you’ll notice that a dark bar appears at the top of the UUCM web page. At the upper right, you should see a “Welcome, …” message. It should look something like this:
- Move your mouse over this area, and a “pulldown menu” will appear:
- In the menu, click on the item “Edit My Profile”, which should bring you to your Profile page. On your Profile page, scroll down, nearly to the bottom of the page, until you see these fields:
- Enter your password in the “New Password” field, and then again in the “Repeat New Password” field. The Strength Indicator will tell you how strong your chosen password is estimated to be. Neither field will show you what you have typed; if you do not enter the exact same password in both fields, it will tell you.
Be very careful! If you enter something that you can’t reproduce at your next log in, you’ll be locked out of the system, and you’ll have to reset your password again, or ask us to do it for you.