Skip to content
- Change to energy-efficient light bulbs.
- Install a heat pump in your home.
- Unplug computers, TVs and other electronics when not in use.
- Wash clothes in cold or warm water (not hot).
- Hang-dry your clothes or use dryer balls.
- Install a programmable thermostat.
- Look for the Energy Star label when buying new appliances.
- Winterize your home to prevent heat from escaping and try to keep it cool in the summer without an air conditioner.
- Get a home energy audit to identify where you can make the most energy-saving gains