How the Finance Committee supports the “Honor Each. Enrich All” mission:
For the Finance Committee, it’s about monthly oversight of the operating budget. We also maintain institutional memory of church finances.
- What is this committee responsible for?
- Monthly oversight of operating budget status
- Questioning unusual expenses
- Identifying trends such as inadequate pledge fulfillment
- Assist council to prepare budget for coming year
- What skills or interests would be useful on this committee?
- Analytical skills
- Good attention to details
- Frequency and duration of meetings. (From Sept to June or 12 months.)
- September to June
- We do not necessarily meet every month; may agree by e-mail to skip a meeting
- What kinds of things occur during the meetings?
- Go over the budget report for fiscal year up to the current date
- Discuss issues that pop up
- What kind of work, if any, do members do between meetings?
- Treasurer prepares monthly report for Finance Committee and Council
- What is the total average time commitment, including meetings and work between meetings?