How the Membership Committee supports the “Honor Each. Enrich All” mission:
For the Membership Committee, it’s about Welcoming, Sharing, and Connecting.
What is this committee responsible for?
- We encourage growth in the UUCM church through new members and active involvement of those who have already joined us.
- This committee takes turns staffing the information table before church each Sunday and we solicit the weekly Garden Door and Sanctuary greeters as well as volunteers to clean up after coffee hour each Sunday.
- We develop new ideas to encourage local involvement from the public.
- We coordinate the regular monthly potluck dinners on Sunday at noon (after church service).
- Each month Membership holds a New Visitor Welcome after church, and a few from our committee attend.
- Together with Council and Leadership Development, we take responsibility to reach out to each person at least once a year and maintain an accurate membership list.
What skills or interest would be useful on this committee?
- The committee is always looking for imaginative, clever people to help us bring new members from the general public into our church. New ideas are encouraged here.
Frequency and duration of meetings
- Meetings are held monthly from January to June, then September to January of the next year. (No meetings are held in June, July, and August. During the summer months, smaller, more casual Summer Services are offered on Sunday mornings at 9:30 am.)
- Our meetings, are scheduled for the second Thursday of the month at 7pm and are generally 90 minutes long.
What kinds of things occur during the meetings?
- We discuss and plan upcoming events. During our meetings we plan Membership activities, ie: Sunday scheduling, organize potlucks, schedule speakers to encourage more community participation, discuss new ideas. and keep up on other committee activities in which the church is involved.
What kind of work, if any, do members do between meetings?
- Between meetings we all assist on events – Sunday welcome, Pathway class, potlucks, attend speaking events. We believe in involving ourselves where our interests lead us.