How the Partner Church Committee supports the “Honor Each. Enrich All” mission:
For the Partner Church Committee, it’s about honoring our shared heritage and envisioning the future.
- What is this committee responsible for?
- educate the congregation about our PartnerChurch
- execute projects such as fundraisers, scholarships
- communicate with the congregation and with Partner church through e-news, skype, facebook friends.
- What skills or interests would be useful on this committee?
- Hungarian speakers
- UU heritage
- Frequency and duration of meetings. (From Sept to June or 12 months.)
- Held as needed. Maximum of 1-2 per year, about 1 hour each
- What kinds of things occur during the meetings?
- Disseminate information from communication with PartnerChurch
- Discuss ideas for future projects to undertake (for example, scholarship.)
- What kind of work, if any, do members do between meetings?
- Communicate with partner church minister
- Occasional fundraising
- check writing!
- Hosting Hungarian Potluck dinners
- staff booth at Social Justice fair
- Attend RE classes to discuss PartnerChurch
- creating content for UUCM worship service on PartnerChurch, or portions of a worship service
- What is the total average time commitment, including meetings and work between meetings?
- 4-6 hours per year maximum