How the Property Committee supports the “Honor Each. Enrich All” mission: Preserve the physical property of UUCM
What is this committee responsible for?
- Overseeing all physical property of UUCM.
- To supervise and coordinate with the Friday Guys and other possible subgroups such as a grounds or a kitchen subcommittee. Membership is expected to overlap between the groups.
- To ensure that certain annual things are done, such as fire inspections, insurance renewals, and that routine maintenance is performed.
- Organize semi-annual church property “clean-up” days, spring and fall
- Assist in aesthetic decisions.
- Follow up as needed to ensure that the work is being completed.
- Communicating needs of the church to the custodian as they arise
What skills or interests would be useful on this committee?
- An interest in protecting this church building and grounds.
- Familiarity with the church property and history.
- Ability to make decisions and delegate responsibility to the subgroups or employees.
- The various subgroups have additional skill requirements.
Frequency and duration of meetings.
- Once or twice a month as needed, year around, as much work is done during the summer. The subgroups will have their own additional meetings
What kinds of things occur during the meetings.
- Discussion of the issues with decisions being made.
- Proper delegation to the subgroups.
What kind of work, if any, do members do between meetings?
- Many are active with the Friday Guys or other subgroups
- Clutter management
- Coordinate rentals with Office Administer and Custodian
- Property Committee Chair works with minister to review job performance of custodian