How the Trustees support the “Honor Each. Enrich All” mission:
For the Trustees, it’s about preserving and growing the endowment.
- What is this committee responsible for?
- What skills or interests would be useful on this committee?
- Working familiarity with investments
- Fund raising for the Endowment
- Frequency and duration of meetings. (From Sept to June or 12 months.)
- About 2 or 3 face-to-face meetings per year
- Monthly “e-mail” meetings, or for special events
- What kinds of things occur during the meetings?
- Discuss current status of investments and suggest investment changes
- Plan for annual Holiday Appeal
- What kind of work, if any, do members do between meetings?
- Follow market and investment changes
- What is the total average time commitment, including meetings and work between meetings?
- The chair spends about 4 hours per month. Members spend less.
- Are there any particular topics on which your committee would like to receive training?
- New members of Trustees may need a crash course in investing