How the Worship Committee supports the “Honor Each. Enrich All” mission:
For the Worship Committee, it’s about spiritual growth. We help the minister with the flow and consistency of worship.
- What is this committee responsible for?
- Filling the pulpit when the minister has Sunday off
- Wayside pulpit quotes
- conducting the sermon seminars
- technical directors
- What skills or interests would be useful on this committee?
- cooking! (ha-ha! We share a meal)
- Interest in liturgy and worship
- willingness to elicit and receive feedback on services
- Frequency and duration of meetings. (From Sept to June or 12 months.)
- First Tuesday of the month (shared meal)
- All year, except July
- What kinds of things occur during the meetings?
- “check-in” with committee members
- review past services
- planning for upcoming services
- regular review of service elements
- What kind of work, if any, do members do between meetings?
- prepare for services
- produce services for outside speakers/worship leaders
- technical director for Sunday services
- What is the total average time commitment, including meetings and work between meetings?
- It varies, partly depending on whether you are doing the service or part of it
- maybe 3 hours??
- Are there any particular topics on which your committee would like to receive training?
- We have been to district worship conferences