During Long-range Planning discussions in 2009, many in the Congregation expressed the wish to hold Community Suppers. UUCM held the first Community Supper in April 2010, and now holds them at UUCM the 3rd Wednesday of each month.
Why hold community suppers?
- To provide affordable/free meals for individuals and families
- To ease the meal prep burden on busy families
- To allow members of the Milford area community to get to know one another better
What’s the Menu?
- Hearty main dishes, which change monthly. Recent offerings were: Pasta with various sauces; Hearty soups; Ham dinner; Turkey dinner.
- Hearty breads (plus peanut butter and jelly for making sandwiches)
- Green salad
- Variety of desserts and fruit
Who is invited?
- Open to all
- We advertise at SHARE, on our website, in local news, at local area churches and low income housing sites, etc.
How are they funded?
- UUCM support through annual budget line item, and Sunday ‘Share the Plate’
- Donations are accepted at the suppers
How can I help?
- Consume — bring your family for supper
- Donate — bread or dessert
- Work — Cook, serve or cleanup on Wednesday. Families encouraged. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org