The UUCM Stewardship Campaign
We are near the end of our three-year interim ministry with Rev. Carol Strecker. What a wonderful three years it has been. Now we are looking forward to Rev. Shayna Appel’s ministry. In this time of transition we invite everyone to Dream. Believe. Give. Together let’s roll up our sleeves and make our hopes for the future happen.
All that UUCM offers — from opportunities for spiritual and personal engagement to supporting and serving one another and the wider community — are only possible through the generous contributions of time, energy, and money by members and friends to sustain and enhance our spiritual home. None of this would be possible without your financial support each year.
Pledging is the indispensable foundation of the annual Church operations, as pledges represent about two-thirds of church income. If you are able, maintaining or increasing your pledge over last year helps ensure that UUCM continues to thrive as our congregation evolves.
During this stewardship season, please reflect on what UUCM means to you, your family, your fellow congregants, and the community. Your pledge card will be sent to your home early in March and also will be available at the One Great Day of Pledging on March 22 . Thank you for all you do for UUCM. We are so lucky to have you!
Our Stewardship Campaign for the next church year (July 2020 – June 2021) centers on our One Great Day of Pledging on March 22, 2020. Early in March, you will receive a brochure and pledge card via US Mail.
- Sunday, March 1: Dreams from 030120 Service; Stone Soup Lunch and Stewardship Info Session .
- Tuesday, March 3 at 7pm: Repeat of Stewardship Informational Session.
- Sunday March 22: Stewardship Sunday. One Great Day of Pledging, and Celebratory Brunch
- April-May: Finance Committee develops preliminary budget and holds meetings with congregation: Board approves the final budget.
- June: Annual Meeting when the congregation approves the budget
In the fall of 2018, UUCM voted on an ambitious 5-year plan . Now’s the time to recommit to that plan. We want to welcome Rev. Shayna Appel to a financially healthy congregation, full of hopes for the future, and ready and willing to roll up our sleeves to make it happen.
- To start, we want to reach our annual pledge income goal of $150,000 outlined in our 5-Year Plan.
- If you are able, we are asking you to increase your pledge by 10%.
- Let’s find ways to fund our dreams.
Every dollar over the amount of pledge income needed for the 5-year plan is less money we need to take from our endowment and more that will be there to fund our dreams now and into the future.
Wondering how much to pledge? The UUA suggests giving a percentage of your income .
Please contact any member of the Stewardship team to share your thoughts:
- Leslie Bennett
- Amy and Michael Conley
- Jackie Davis
- Susan and Fred Dyke Deschenes
- Sandy Frades
- Jewell Griffin
- Ellen Groh
- Debbie Maloney
- Steve Opre
- Reverend Carol Strecker