UUCM held the first Community Supper in April 2010, and now holds them at UUCM the 3rd Wednesday of each month.
Why hold community suppers?
- To provide affordable/free meals for individuals and families
- To ease the meal prep burden on busy families
- To allow members of the Milford area community to get to know one another better
What’s the Menu?
- Hearty main dishes, which change monthly.
- Hearty breads (plus peanut butter and jelly for making sandwiches)
- Variety of desserts
Who is invited?
- Open to all
- We advertise at SHARE, on our website, in local news, at local area churches and low-income housing sites, etc.
How are they funded?
- UUCM support through annual budget line item, and Sunday ‘Share the Plate’
- Donations are accepted at the suppers
How can I help?
- Consume — bring your family for supper
- Donate — bread or dessert
- Work — Cook, serve or cleanup on Wednesday. Families encouraged. Send an email to email@example.com