Apple CrispCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This is the standard recipe used for our UUCM Apple Crisp, served at the Milford Pumpkin Festival
3 lb Granny Smith apples (or 1½ lb Granny Smith + 1½ lb Cortland)
1½ cups sugar
1 cup + 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
¾ cup cold butter
1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease a 9in x 13in baking dish.
- Peel and thickly slice apples and place in greased dish.
- Combine the sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- Cut butter into ¼ inch pieces, then cut into the dry ingredients to make crumbs. Use your fingers, a pastry blender, or food processor.
- Distribute mixture over apples, but do not press down.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, until slightly brown and there is no resistance when apples are pierced with a knife.
- Cool on rack at room temperature.